Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The last two weeks and a step closer to P's

Two weeks ago I had my Soccer Presentation night. We all received medals as this was the inaugral season, and I managed to poll 4 votes out of a possible 6 in the final round for the goal I scored. Also started cricket training and games start this weekend.

I also had my Class of 2006 reunion. It was nice to ctach up with all the guys from last year but it was different as well, everyone had changed a considerable amount, which is expected I guess, as we have all gone to different places. I did not really get a chance to talk to too many people for long who I wanted to, but with 200 students that was also to be expected. Ended up leaving at around 10, got home and watched some tv.

And India won the Twenty20 world championships of cricket. It was a good display, beating top teams like Australia, South Africa and Pakistan. That was the first crcicket trophy for India since 1983. Geelong also managed to smash Port Adelaide, and Geelong seesm to be in celebration for a very long time. Ive actually missed all Essendon premiorships, so I do not really know how it feels. I arrived in 1993 and hence was too young to rember, and in 2000, I was in Singapre. When I came back in 2001, Essendon lost in the final to Brisbane, so really I have not experienced a premiership. And I cannot believe Chris Judd is not coming to Essendon. We need him.

Over the holidays, I basically mucked around the whole time watching tv and movies. Did see Superbad for a friends 19th, and it was a good laugh just with fould language every second word. A good movie though. Rush Hour 3 has come out, and apprently everyone I have talked to has seen it. They all assumed I would see it on the first day out, but now I have got no one to see it with and watching the movies solo does not seem right. :( (I just reliesed how many symbols you can create witha keyboard)

Yes, I also passed my Hazard Perception test with 88%. That was a relief, and have my P's booked for November, after exams. At the moment I am an okay driver, just parkings the issue. Will need to get some practice with that.

2 comments:

Bharat said...

Hello hello Mr Gupta.

Well done on your goal, once again. I think you should play with an injured foot more often.

Other than the 20twenty World Cup, none of the "grand finals" this week were any good. Melbourne Storm smashed Manly and Geelong v Port wasn't worth watching after the first 10 minutes.

In other news, I haven't seen Rush Hour 3 either! But I don't think I'll be going to see it any time soon.

Well done on your hazard perception test. I need to book my P's. I turned 18 nearly a year ago!

Live long a prosper, Klingon.
Bharat

Anonymous said...

Wow, congrats on the freakishly high hazards mark.
Ditto Bharat on the shocking AFL grand final.